TODAY Fellowship Hour is sponsored by Mary Pirres in memory of her husband Mr. George Pirres.
TODAY the GOYA will host a Sports Recognition Luncheon for our community to recognize our volleyball and basketball players. We will recognize our Seniors at the Luncheon as well.
Please don’t forget to contact Father Anastasios on his mobile phone (908) 528 – 1077 to schedule House Blessings this month. With the start of Great Lent at the end of the month (Monday, February 27), the Church will be busy with many services as we prepare for the coming of Holy Week and Easter. The House Blessing season is coming to a close in the next few weeks. If you would like your home or business blessed with the Holy Waters of Epiphany (an annual tradition), here are the remaining days available to schedule a blessing:
Monday, February 6 Tuesday, February 7 Sunday, February 12
Thursday, February 16 Friday, February 17 Sunday, February 19
Tuesday, February 21 Thursday, February 22
Apokriatiko Glendi – February 18, 2017, 6 pm – 11 pm (PLEASE NOTE CORRECT START TIME 6 PM)
REGISTER NOW!! The Parish Council and Philoptochos are jointly sponsoring St. Anna’s Apokriatiko Glendi (Mardi Gras), an evening of music, dancing, food and family fellowship. Please support this fundraiser for our beloved St. Anna, as it is part of our parish’s history on our path towards continuing growth. Tickets are $50 for adults, $25 for children under 18 and free for children under five. You have choices to sign up to attend – every Sunday after church or contact Margaret Panageas at 908-246-7527 or Arge Mardakis at 908-253-0484. We look forward to hearing from you.
Education: All Sunday School classes Grades PreK – 9 are in session today in their respective classrooms. Grades 7 through 12 are asked to please review the St. John Chrysostom Oratorical Festival questions and to begin preparing for our St. Anna Oratorical Festival on March 25. Teachers will provide the list of questions to the students, or they can be found at http://www.goarch.org/archdiocese/departments/religioused/sjcof. There will be no Senior Sunday School Class (grades 10-12) today in the classroom; the Senior Class will remain in Church for today’s service and sermon.
PTO: Canvas Painting Party to be held on Friday, February 10 from 6:30-9pm. Join us in the Community Center for a night of laughter, light snacks and brush strokes to create your very own masterpiece! Adults $35, Children (ages 5-13) $25. Register 2 or more people for a $5 discount. Please see Kirsten Diagelakis or Sofia Manoussakis to register (deadline, February 5).
Philoptochos News: Social Service Assistance - A primary function of Philoptochos is to offer help to Orthodox Christians who are in need. If you or someone you know is in need of assistance due to issues of unemployment, medical problems, difficulty paying utility bills, or other unforeseen crisis, contact Philoptochos social service liaison, Margaret Panageas at 908-246-7527 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All social service help is kept confidential.
- Launched the new "Saint Anna Scholarship" program. Please look for the Eligibility form and Application at the Pangari or the church office.
- St. Anna Event Request Form can be accessed on the website, for anyone who would like to hold an event at the Church, Community Center, or gym. The Gym has been rented for 3 nights a week until March. This limits the availability for our own use to Monday and Wednesday. If you have any questions, please see Costa Tsatsos.
- PC priority will be given to "Nicholas and Anna Memorial Hall" dedication event, donor recognition, and launch of iconography project on May 7. Please MARK THIS DATE and plan not to miss it. Diana Grina and John Douvris have volunteered their time to lead the Hall Dedication and Donor recognition event on May 7. Please see them but if you are willing to volunteer your talent and time.
Key Dates for 2017.
• February 18 - Mardi Gras (PC and Philoptochos run event)
• April 2 - Spring General Assembly
• May 7 - Hall Dedication, Donor Recognition
• June 3 - Wine –n- Dine (Tentative Date - to be confirmed)
• September 8,9,10 - OPA Festival
• October 28 - Taverna Night
• November 5 - Fall General Assembly
The PC is focused on making the Mardi Gras and other events successful. Please plan to attend and bring family members and friends. We will have excellent food and music - at perfect combination for fun!
GOYA Bridges: We will be attending sandwich making for Bridges on Friday, February 10 at St. Barbara, Toms River. All GOYANs are welcome to come and help make over 400 bagged lunches and personal hygiene kits for the needy to be distributed on Saturday, February 11. If you are in Grades 10-11-12 and have not been on a Bridges run, please sign up with Mrs. Coutsouridis at email@example.com.
Fellowship Hour sponsors needed! Please sign up outside the Church office, or contact Dr. Nikolaos Kritharis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-572-3420.