TODAY there will be a 5-year Memorial Service for Eleni Sideris, beloved mother of Angela Ferreira and Fay Vespa. May her memory be eternal.
TODAY Fellowship Hour is sponsored by the Ferreira and Vespa families in loving memory of Eleni Sideris.
TODAY there will be a Philoptochos General meeting following Services in one of the classrooms. Please make every effort to attend.
Please don’t forget to contact Father Anastasios on his mobile phone (908) 528 – 1077 to schedule House Blessings this month. With the start of Great Lent coming, the Church will be busy with many services as we prepare for the coming of Holy Week and Easter. Here are the remaining days available to schedule a blessing:
Sunday, February 19 Tuesday, February 21 Thursday, February 22
Saturday of Souls services: Saturdays, February 18, February 25, March 4 at 9 am
Great Lent begins on Monday, February 27. Great and Holy Pascha is on April 16.
Clean Monday services (Kathara Deutera) – Great Compline Services: 5:30 pm
Afterwards join us for potluck Fasoulada (bean soup)
Mondays during Lent – Great Compline: 6 pm
Wednesdays during Lent - 9th Hour & Presanctified Liturgy: 6 pm
Thursdays during Lent - Great Compline: 6 pm
Fridays during Lent - 9th Hour & Presanctified Liturgy: 9 am
- Salutations (Hairetismoi): 7 pm
Education: Sunday School: Grades 7 through 12 are requested to begin preparing for the St. John Chrysostom Oratorical Festival which has bee rescheduled for Sunday, March 26 after Church. Teachers have provided the list of questions to the students (http://www.goarch.org/archdiocese/departments/religioused/sjcof).
Greek School: Reminder there will be no Greek School classes on Monday, February 19.
Membership renewal time - Please take the time to renew your yearly Philoptochos membership. Membership forms were mailed out recently and you can see a Philoptochos member during Fellowship Hour for assistance. We are seeking members to assist in the many activities we participate in throughout the year such as planning the Mardi Glendi, beautification of our Church, aid to the poor, fundraising for local and national charities and much more.
American Heart Association GO RED for Women - our Philoptochos supports this worthy effort. Did you know that heart disease is the number one killer of women, causing 1 in 3 deaths each year? The American Heart Association is encouraging all women to schedule a visit with their doctor to learn their personal health numbers including Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Blood Sugar and Body Mass index (BMI) and assess their risk for heart disease and stroke. Having this information can help you make health decisions which could save your life.
- The Donor (Phase I) Recognition display effort is underway, and the committee is working towards completing the list of the names that will be included. They may contact you to confirm a few things. Please respond as soon as possible to allow the committee to finish and install the display in time for the event.
- If you are interested in helping with the May 7 Hall Dedication Event and Donor Recognition effort, please see Dr. John Douvris or Diana Grina.
- We have received most of the pricing for the Iconography initiative and expect to discuss with His Eminence by mid-March for approval. We are planning to announce the details on May 7.
- Our Stewardship is to reach 145-150 pledged Stewards this year. In 2008 we set a goal to have 150 Steward families by 2015, and last year we had 132 pledged Stewards. If you have not submitted your 2017 pledge card please do so as soon as you can. As you know, it is important to submit and sign the pledge card every year. If you have any questions, please see any PC member or Father Anastasios.
- Peter Zannikos and Larry Tattoli are leading the 2017 Stewardship Drive. They may be contacting you for assistance; please volunteer your time and skills to develop ways to reach out to new Stewards! We are sure many of you have great ideas on how to do it! We are also in the process of finalizing our St Anna welcoming brochure.
- Costa Tsatsos will schedule a few clean-up and fix-up days to maintain and clean our premises. Please come for an hour or two and help with this effort.
- The Wine & Dine event is now confirmed for Saturday, June 3. Richard and Penelope Wolfe have graciously offered their residence in the neighboring town of Hillsborough.
Key Dates for 2017
• April 2 - Spring General Assembly
• May 7 - Hall Dedication, Donor Recognition
• June 3 - Wine –n- Dine (Date confirmed)
• September 8,9,10 - OPA Festival
• October 28 - Taverna Night
• November 5 - Fall General Assembly
GOYA: Sights and Sounds Preview: Save the date, next Sunday February 26, following Sunday School. Come one, come all to our Sights and Sounds Preview! See what our GOYAns who participate in Greek dance, Religious and American singing groups, instrument band, have been working on! Make your reservations early with Cathy Sakellos, email@example.com. $25 per family, $10 per adult, $5 per youth. There is no charge for all who have registered for Sights and Sounds. Tickets will also be sold at the door. We will need your help preparing for this event. Please contact Maria Tsatsos, firstname.lastname@example.org for details as to when the cook/prepare work will begin. Thank you in advance for your help.
Fellowship Hour sponsors needed! Please sign up outside the Church office, or contact Dr. Nikolaos Kritharis at email@example.com or 201-572-3420.